[Coco] Strangely patched CoCo 1

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 7 08:21:15 EST 2006

The early "F" boards did have a timing problem that resulted in a lockup.
There was kludge hardware fix for them that may be what is described.  In my
experience, NO amount of cooling or part swapping could cure the unpatched
board.  The hardware patch for problem units was discontinued shortly after
the corrected board dominated the market.

Bruce W.