[Coco] NoICE debugging for the Coco

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Mon Mar 6 19:04:59 EST 2006

At 10:40 AM 3/5/2006, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

>When I posted a message suggesting that Roger Taylor had the wrong
>definition of "IDE", he replied with a blank message. I took that to mean
>that he understood what I was saying but my definition of "IDE" was not what
>he is trying to provide currently.
>
>"IDE" = Integrated Development Environment.
>"IDE" = Integrated Debugging Environment.

Hmm. That sounds like an e-mail accident.  In fact, I don't remember
replying at all to that message.  :)  But, I've been having major POP3
problems today and anything could have gone wrong.

Actually, the term IDE does stand for Integrated Development
Environment.  I've seen other variations of the name, but hardly any that
say Debugging Environment.  Most IDEs do contain debugging support,
though.  IDEs are used to create software, not just debug it.

--
Roger Taylor