[Coco] Model III bus pinout

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Mar 6 03:06:13 EST 2006

>From: Ward Griffiths <wdg3rd at comcast.net>
>Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:23:29 -0500

>Mod 4 tech ref was a bit clumsy, as it assumed that a Mod 3 tech ref
>was ready to hand (as happened with the Mod 16 and 6k assuming Mod 2
>or 12 info).

I noticed. :-(

>I can't seem to find the message I'd set aside to answer, that said the Coco
>adapter provided the same bus as the 2/3/4/12/16/6000.  The bus was
>specifically the 3/4.

Yeah, that was poorly stated.  The Model II and its decendants had
their own bus, but used the MIII thing for hard drives, right?

>My HD interface for my Cocos and my Mod One and 4 is a serial cable
>to a Linux box.  Same cable I use to back up my 6k via uucp.

Hum, how do you handle that?  A switch box, or do you physically move
the cable?  Do you manually run getty when you need it, or is it
running all the time?  I once used a 4-to-1 switch box to tie several old
machines to a linux box's serial port, but I had problems with the
machines maxing out at different speeds, and if the machine on the
other end was off, getty was picking up line noise and trying to log
it in! :-(

>(I'd estimate that less than 2% of Linux users even know that uucp
>exists, and less than 2% of those left know how to use it).

I know what UUCP is, but I've never set it up or explicitly used it.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko