[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 31, Issue 10

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 11:27:38 EST 2006

On 03/04/2006 08:58 pm, farna at att.net wrote:

> I really think the main market for such a machine would be hobbyist and
> experimenters who prefer to program on the machine they will be using, not
> using a PC then loading onto something like a PIC. The CoCo was originally
> targeted for home users as a step into a PC, so Tandy limited it's power.

Well, it was intended as an entry into the home market.  As a "step into a
PC", the folks at the Rat Beach IBM development center didn't announce
anything until well over a year after the Coco was in the stores (and it was
several years before an Intel-based machine could outperform a Coco, since a
4.77Mhz 8088 can't come close to a 900Khz MC6809).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief