[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 31, Issue 10

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 23:41:20 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/4/06 8:59:27 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time, farna at att.net
writes:
>I'd extend the cartridge port out,  but not necessarily
> with the edge card connector. I'd
>suggest a  dual row header suitable for wire wrap
> or standard header connectors. An
>adapter for a cartridge can always be made.
> I don't really see  the need for more than
>one though. It would really be useful for
>experiments/projects, rarely used for actual
>cartridges, and  with all the needed hardware I/O
> built in why would more than one be
>needed?
Well I was thinking of the various hardware cards like
the  speech/sound card or the RS232 card.   I know you
will already have  a serial port but who knows what  kind
of situation a user might  encounter.    Even if it's only to
test the card.    Also the cocomax ADC and the stereo
synthesiser cart and whatever else the  user might want
to try to use.    I would want to make it as  versitile and as
close to the real thing as possible.

Roy