[Coco] Bootable PCI USB Card? (On-Topic, really!)

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 8 12:49:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:46:58 -0600, Roger Merchberger
<zmerch-coco at 30below.com> wrote:

I know that there is a hardware card that plugs into the IDE cable that
will allow you to boot from USB cards (either The Register or The Inquirer
websites just had a review of it). You just plug the hardware into the
cable (like a normal hard drive or CD/DVD), and the stick into the
hardware. It translates everything on the hardware, so to the computer
(and BIOS), it just looks like a normal hard drive, so you can boot with
it even on really old machines that don't have USB, never mind USB boot
support in the BIOS.
    An example I found on the web after a quick peek is here:
http://www.addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/adidecf.asp
    and they are only about $27.00.

--
L. Curtis Boyle