[Coco] What tools do you use for developing CoCo S/W?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jun 3 05:44:53 EDT 2006

>Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:16:42 -0400
>From: "Ries, Rich [S&FS]" <Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com>
>
>I'm wondering -- what tools do you all use for developing CoCo Software?

Under BASIC, Ultra Edit is my editor of choice.  I also have Disk
EDTASM and Deft Pascal, but they just don't support the CoCo 3 that
well.

Under OS-9 my prefered editor is uemacs or (for bigger files) dynastar
(and ghods help me if I get the two mixed up).  I don't really care
for the BASIC-09 editor.  I use the Make from RTSI, C with all the
RTSI goodies, BASIC-09 1.1 from NitrOS-9, and ocassionally play with
Pascal and IAPL.

I like programming languages and will at least play with any language
for the CoCo.

The only cross-develpment tools I'm interested in is GCC-09, and the
last time I bothered playing with that, there wasn't anything even
approaching a libc, so that was pretty discouraging.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko