[Coco] Re: Sierra games with sound!!

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Mon Jul 24 23:02:27 EDT 2006

> I'm having trouble making the kq1-2.dsk. DSKINI from the Nitros9 web page
> gives a write error on track 2.
> So I used mess to copy the files to a blank /D /T40 image and tried again.
> Same write error. No matter what image I copy the files from kq1-2 to, I
> get the error. I did rename the image .os9 before playing with it in MESS.
> I have a blank image DSDD.OS9 and I can dskini that to a disk no problem.
> When I copy the files from kq1-2.dsk to the same image it gets an error
> writing track 2.
>
> I had similar trouble doing the non-sound version and fixed it by copying
> the disk 2 files to a blank image in mess and Nitros9. This time its not
> working.
>
> HELP!!!! :-)

I had the same problem with this disk (kq1-2.dsk) but it was on track 8.
Then I put the files on a blank 360K OS-9 disk image (40T, DSDD) using
wimgtool.exe from MESS and it worked for me. That's weird, because I
transfered all disk images on real disks (with DSKINI) to make sure they
were working before putting them online. You might want to try with wimgtool
instead of using Nitros9.

Guillaume