[Coco] Re: Sierra games with sound!!

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:34:14 EDT 2006

"Guillaume Major" <gmajor at videotron.ca> wrote in
message news:00e601c6af96$c2c196e0$0201a8c0 at goyim...
> I had the same problem with this disk (kq1-2.dsk) but it was on track 8.
> Then I put the files on a blank 360K OS-9 disk image (40T, DSDD) using
> wimgtool.exe from MESS and it worked for me. That's weird, because I
> transfered all disk images on real disks (with DSKINI) to make sure they
> were working before putting them online. You might want to try with
wimgtool
> instead of using Nitros9.
>
> Guillaume

Thanks. I did try that and had the same problem. I used MESS and Nitros9 and
copied the files to my virtual hard drive.
I copied each file to a blank DSDD image in reverse order of the DIR
listing. That solved it. I was able to use DSKINI after doing that.
I did get an error #216 copying  vol.1 from the VHD to /d1, so I tried again
and it worked......

Also, I don't know if its my system or these new versions of the games, but
while playing KQ1 and KQ2 last night my floppy drives
started clicking like crazy while loading a new screen. They normaly make a
click noise when they are accessed and when they stop spinning. I use my
coco all the time and never experirnced this before. I have played through
KQ1 (no sound) just last week and didn't have this trouble. I play these
games under Nitros9 because the disk access is so much faster. I'll have to
play around with things not-related to these games and see if I have the
trouble or if it is only when playing these new versions of the Sierra
games.

Thanks so much for these games. I'm having a blast playing them again.

-Charlie