[Coco] Aussie 2 meg installation - results

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 00:02:09 EDT 2006

I ran the following one-liner:

10 FOR X = 0 TO 7:PRINT HEX$(PEEK(&HFFA)+X);" ";:NEXT X

I get this result:

78 79 7A 7B 7C 7D 7E 7F

Now, I was under the impression that I shouldn't be able to see the top two
bits of the DAT registers, but what *should* I see there? From this, I'd say
the top two bits are set to 1 and 0 respectively.

If I do : POKE &HFFA1,255
and run the one-liner again, I get this result:

78 7F 7A 7B 7C 7D 7E 7F

This is exactly the same as I get on my 1 Meg coco3.

Comments?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.