[Coco] Re: NEW GAMES (kinda sorta) FOR THE COCO 3!!!!

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 5 23:20:40 EDT 2006

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:59:07 -0600, Guillaume Major <gmajor at videotron.ca>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible. The coco interpreter was not
> designed to do it. The best you can do, is to make a 720K disk, put all
> files on it and generate a new TOC file using the tocGen utility found
> on the first disk of KQ3. But since we have access to the source code of
> the interpreter, perhaps someone could modify it to scan every floppy
> drives to locate a resource.
>
> Guillaume

    If Boisy's source disassembly is complete enough (I know my version was
never finished), we could fix that by simply changing the calls to I$Open
(I believe that MNLN has most, if not all, of these). We might even be
able to patch the sound... how was the PC sound generated? At the same
time, we could fix it to work on 1MB and higher machines (it doesn't now
because it tries to directly read the GIME MMU registers, and the add one
memory upgrades only can WRITE to those addresses correctly; you will lose
the upper two bits on a READ).

L. Curtis Boyle