[Coco] Free websites

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 12:21:20 EST 2006

George Ramsower wrote:
> I've been thinking on this for a couple of years....
>
> I suppose my brain is in high gear tonight..or just nuts.
>
> I have several websites I use for selling stuff. But none of them is
> busy enough to use up the bandwidth or memory allotted to them.
> I've always wanted to offer some space (as a subdomain) on one or more
> of these sites for Coco users. This question has come up many times before.

Richard you might read in on this and maybe your LUG has an answer, my
resources have failed to provide satisfactory information.

George............
I want to do the webcam bit on the Chicago fest again this year. I have
not been able to find a site that can provide  realtime web hosting.
Everything I find costs MEGA$. A google search for 'free web hosting'
produces over 2 million hits.  Ask google to remove the words 'sex' and
'adult' and the count drops to 176. And it still missed some sites.

Since last year I have aquired a couple of video cameras that work as
webcams. One is a small USB B/W the other is an old Sony tape. When the
tape is left out I can upload to my computer.

Maxed out my CPU usage to 100% at about 35 frames per second.

I know this was discussed early last summer but the fest draws near and
it now time to get serious if its going to happen.

Check and see if the bandwidth is availabe for 2.5 days of broadcasting
at between 15 and 25 fps while the fest is open.

TIA
Dave