[Coco] Free websites

DJ dj at isectran.com
Tue Jan 24 21:57:37 EST 2006

Aye. You need to set them of a FTP account and password, and only allow that
account access to the directory where that sub domain resides.  I have more
experience doing this with Micro$oft web servers than Linux, but it would be
the same thing.

You set up the information for the name of the sub domain. . . It would not
be an automated process. (Though I'm sure there are scripts and such out
there that probably could do this for you... I would advise against it.
Anything automated is inherently a security weakness) FTP access to their
directories, where they can add/remove folders and files, and that should be
all they need.  You decide if they have privilege to use CGI / PHP / etc.
In most cases, unless they're trying to set up a 'Community' via PHP or use
some type of CGI chat script, they should not need anything but basic HTML.