[Coco] Free websites

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Jan 25 13:07:48 EST 2006

Rumor has it that Dave Kelly may have mentioned these words:

>I want to do the webcam bit on the Chicago fest again this year. I have
>not been able to find a site that can provide  realtime web hosting.
>Everything I find costs MEGA$. A google search for 'free web hosting'
>produces over 2 million hits.  Ask google to remove the words 'sex' and
>'adult' and the count drops to 176. And it still missed some sites.
>
>Since last year I have aquired a couple of video cameras that work as
>webcams. One is a small USB B/W the other is an old Sony tape. When the
>tape is left out I can upload to my computer.
>
>Maxed out my CPU usage to 100% at about 35 frames per second.
>
>I know this was discussed early last summer but the fest draws near and it
>now time to get serious if its going to happen.
>
>Check and see if the bandwidth is availabe for 2.5 days of broadcasting at
>between 15 and 25 fps while the fest is open.

How much bandwidth & storage do you need? I'd be willing to help donate if
you're needs aren't "insane." ;-)

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...