[Coco] Portal09 help, new project...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 22 21:24:36 EST 2006

Roger Merchberger wrote:
> I have gotten Mess 103b running on my Win2K box, and I am starting a new
> project - I want to start working on porting Cubix[1] to the CoCo[2]...
> prolly the tre first, then maybe the 2/1 -- Cubix was designed for a 64K
> machine, but it may run fine in less - I have a lot of (re)learning to
> do... ;-)
>
> Anyway, I started diddling with Portal-9 3.1 (I had 3.0 installed, and
> started it once, but I didn't have enough of a reason to actually get
> elbows-deep into it like I do now) and my 6809 assembly is... ummm...
> rusty, at best.
>
> Couple questions: Can a non-registered Portal-09 build enough of a
> project to at least show errors? I doubt my first "quickie-prog"
> assembled without an armload of goofs... but building a project just
> says "Build Complete."

I think so. The main irritation with the non-registered version is the
popup which needs to be moved out of the way so you can see the screen.
Kill the popup and it will be back in a minute or so.

> Also, are there supposed to be helpfiles for CCASM & whatnot under the
> Help file, or does that only come with registration as well?

I think you can use them in a non-registered version. You can certainly
find them outside the program by looking in the Help directory.