[Coco] Portal09 help, new project...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Sun Jan 22 21:00:05 EST 2006

I have gotten Mess 103b running on my Win2K box, and I am starting a new
project - I want to start working on porting Cubix[1] to the CoCo[2]...
prolly the tre first, then maybe the 2/1 -- Cubix was designed for a 64K
machine, but it may run fine in less - I have a lot of (re)learning to
do... ;-)

Anyway, I started diddling with Portal-9 3.1 (I had 3.0 installed, and
started it once, but I didn't have enough of a reason to actually get
elbows-deep into it like I do now) and my 6809 assembly is... ummm...
rusty, at best.

Couple questions: Can a non-registered Portal-09 build enough of a project
to at least show errors? I doubt my first "quickie-prog" assembled without
an armload of goofs... but building a project just says "Build Complete."

Also, are there supposed to be helpfiles for CCASM & whatnot under the Help
file, or does that only come with registration as well?

It looks like software that could definitely help me with what I want to
do, but I'm not sure at this point... Those helpfiles would really help me
get "back in the swing" of things... ;-)

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] http://www.parse.com/~ddunfield/museum/d6809/index.htm

[2] I told the wife it was time I had time for a hobby of mine, instead of
supporting yet another one of hers... ;-) I'm going to build a homebrew
6809 box also... Blinkenlights & all! ;-)

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...