[Coco] S-video Prospects...

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 00:57:27 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/6/06 12:02:28 A.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
sock at axess.com writes:

>>Not to take away  from Roy's great work on the VGA adapter, but S-
>>Video offers a lot  of possibilities as well.  I wonder if the picture
>>would  improve with some additional tweaks?  It would seem to me that
>>a quality 19" or larger TV would provide one hell of a display for  a
>>CoCo 3.

>Thanks!

>Some additional tweaks  would likely improve it a bit.  Right now the output
>is pretty good,  but doesn't look quite as good as RGB or even my old  svideo
>converter.
>Roy's VGA adapter on the other hand sounds like  it would give an "RGB
>perfect" display.  I'm really tempted to order  one  too.

>                                         John Kowalski (Sock  Master)

_http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/_ (http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/)

I have been contacted by about 22 people so far  wanting to buy the
converter.    If you have a magnavox or are satisfied with  the cm8 and
you don't really need one then don't feel pressured to buy one just
to support the coco.    In fact it would really help me out  if the people
who want to wait or put it off for now would do so.   You don't  have to
worry about future availability of the converter.  I plan to offer it  for at
least a few years and probably more so it's not going to dissapear
anytime soon.   I built this device to be a solution for  people who
can't easily find a compatible monitor.   It's my little  contribution to
the community as a whole.   I plan to eventually start a web  site
of my own to offer it and maybe some other coco3 projects I have
in mind.  I will do my part to enable our little machine to follow  us
into the 21 century.

by the way, I tried it on an LCD monitor.   Looks REAL  good.

Roy