[Coco] S-video Prospects...

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Fri Jan 6 11:15:02 EST 2006

Hi Stephen,

Here's the Basic program that displays the chart as seen in the photos.

10 FORG=0TO15:READA:PALETTEG,A:NEXT
20 FORG=0TO7:ATTRG,G:PRINT"ABC abc 123 ";:ATTRG,0:PRINT"ABC abc 123 ";
30 ATTR0,G:PRINT"ABC abc 123":NEXT:ATTR7,0:PRINT
100 DATA0,32,16,48,8,40,24,56,0,36,18,54,9,45,27,63
110 'DATA0,6,17,20,11,24,29,32,0,22,33,36,27,40,45,48

Make sure you do a WIDTH80 first before running.  The DATA in line 100 is
the RGB palette for the chart, and the DATA in line 110 is the CMP
equivalent palette for the chart.
It's there so you can comment out line 100 and uncomment line 110 if you
want to compare RGB/SVideo against the CoCo's normal composite video.

The photos I took where not of the whole screen, but just the area around
the color chart to show greater detail.

At 12:08 AM 06/01/2006 -0800, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>May I please have a copy of your program so I can take a picture on my TV
>with the same display.
>
>It is a 27" RCA set that when it was purchased was the top of the RCA line
>for that size.
>
>There may be a wider set of results than I expected depending on the
>individual TV's used.
>
>I assumed that others would get similar results in that the presence of a
>S-Video input to me would indicate a high end set.
>
>Looking at your pictures I do not see the results that I got when comparing
>the display with my Sony KV-1311CR.
>
>I need to take a picture from that TV also.
>
>Thanks
>
>Stephen H. Fischer

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/