[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Jan 3 20:41:12 EST 2006

---Reply to mail from Stephen H. Fischer about [Coco] S-video Prospects...

> The $95 price is below Analog's > $125 price for their evaluation board
> but much higher than the ~ $15 that building your own would cost.
>
> BTY, I just used 3 resistors, one in each of the R, G and B lines to connect
> My CoCo 3
> to the AD723 Evaluation board for S-Video output to my RCA TV.
>
> Now, if his price was lower, it would be a fine CoCo 3 add on,
> even though he has too many unnecessary parts for our usage.

    Cool! I'm glad someone has the time to work on it. I'll get in line
now.

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
Any research done on how to efficiently use computers has been long lost
in the mad rush to upgrade systems to do things that aren't needed by
people who don't understand what they are really supposed to do with them.
    -- Graham Reed, in a.s.r.