[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Tue Jan 3 04:18:43 EST 2006

Hi,

There is no information anywhere on what IC he is using!

I suspect that he IS using one of the AD72X series,
but he is keeping that information absent.

Probable because with the IC it is a simple process to
duplicate his work and under cut him on price.

The $95 price is below Analog's > $125 price for their evaluation board
but much higher than the ~ $15 that building your own would cost.

BTY, I just used 3 resistors, one in each of the R, G and B lines to connect
My CoCo 3
to the AD723 Evaluation board for S-Video output to my RCA TV.

Now, if his price was lower, it would be a fine CoCo 3 add on,
even though he has too many unnecessary parts for our usage.

Stephen H. Fischer