[Coco] S-video Prospects...

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Jan 2 22:14:53 EST 2006

---Reply to mail from jdaggett at gate.net about [Coco] S-video Prospects...

> If one were to use the AD725 chip the RGB input is AC coupled and
> needs to be no more than 714 mV max at 75 Ohm load. The fact
> that the Coco 3 levels are 1.2 V peak really presents only a minor
> problem. If other systems like the Atari or Comodore have different
> levels of output, that may complicate things a bit in order to have
> one board fit all.

    How about this guy for converting RBG to S-Video?
http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html

    It's for old video games, but, IIRC they're about the same 15khz etc.
It does take 'composite sync' and we have it separate, but, 2 high speed
diodes should take care of that. Also has "RGB input level controls -
For matching RGB input levels to video game boards
with high outputs."

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft