[Coco] Re: OFF TOPIC! by golly..(spam)

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 18:57:12 EST 2006

On 02/24/2006 08:23 am, Alan Jones wrote:
> I'll share with you guys my spam strategy. I use a web mail interface at
> my ISP first for a while and teach the filter what I don't want.
> My filter is very simple. Any spam I receive, the sender's domain name
> gets added to my filter list. It works great! Secondly, I use my gmail
> account for signing up for stuff if I have to register online. My policy
> for my mail email account is:  "One strike and your out!" So far I
> haven't  needed to create an exclusion list.

I just use Linux, and delete things with nonsense senders, recipient lists and
especially subjects.  Anything that I miss won't hurt me anyway, as I run
kmail from a user account that has no other function while I can get work
done on other virtual desktops.  My main spam dump that I use when I visit
newspaper sites and such is my AOL address (an appendage to La Esposa's
account) that I would never use for anything serious.  I check into that
every other week or so and make liberal use of the "Report as Spam" button.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief