[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: OFF TOPIC! by golly..(spam)

George Ramsower yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Thu Feb 23 12:15:27 EST 2006

Gene,

 I've pretty much eliminated spam to my computer by making sure that all my
email addresses are secure.
 I do this mostly by creating a new email addy for special events, such as
the coco list. Hence the addy I use for this list.
 When some yahoo joins the group to steal that addy, it's a very isolated
event. If this continues, I'll just unsubscribe, create a new email and
subscribe again with that one... until it happens again.
 Another example is if I go to a website(as in dipwad.com) and have to sign
up for something, I use an email addy such as dipwad at mywebsite.com and if
they spam it, then I know who did it. I then reconfigure that addy to
forward all the email back to them, usually webmaster at dipwad.com.
 The spams usually stop right away.
 This is more fun than "Spam Assassin" or any other method, takes less time
and my inbox is clean.