[Coco] Re: Help needed: problems with RETRIEV(E)ing DSK images

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 17:38:22 EST 2006

On 02/06/2006 04:29 pm, Robert Gault wrote:
> Maybe there is no identifier on a 5.25" disk. I thought the drives would
> be able to use normal as well as HD disks but that was a guess on my
> part since I don't have such drives.

The only difference between low-density and high-density (or SS and DS for
that matter) 5.25" media is in the magnetic coercivity of the oxide.  Well,
if there's a reinforcement around the hub hole, you can be pretty sure it's
low density.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief