[Coco] Re: Help needed: problems with RETRIEV(E)ing DSK images

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 18:02:26 EST 2006

Ward Griffiths wrote:
> The only difference between low-density and high-density (or SS and DS for

Do you mean Single and Double density, I think Single and double sided
is determined by the number of heads in the drive :)

Yeah I know some disks where only cetified single sided, but I always
figured it was the old test it at the max spec, then the next down etc,
until it either failed completely or passed and then sell it at that
spec :) in other words all disks where made as DS, if they tested ok as
SS but not DS, they got sold as SS :)

I'll stop waffling now......

Phill.