[Coco] Re: Help needed: problems with RETRIEV(E)ing DSK images

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 6 16:29:38 EST 2006

Maybe there is no identifier on a 5.25" disk. I thought the drives would
be able to use normal as well as HD disks but that was a guess on my
part since I don't have such drives.

I should point out that while the MESS tools will work with .dsk images
(of several types), they don't work with hardware. That means you can't
read a real floppy with the MESS tools. Since it has become apparent
(even to a slow learner like myself) that it is file transfer between a
PC and real Coco disks, you should forget about the MESS tools for this
purpose.