[Coco] [Color Computer] Has anyone seen Roger Taylor?

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Dec 2 11:41:57 EST 2006

At 09:33 AM 11/30/2006, you wrote:
>I know Roger recently took a new job with UPS, and given
>the season, he may be completely swamped.  I hope that is
>the only reason he has been silent.
>
>-Jim

Jim,

True, I've been with UPS since 2005, but I've always worked full-time
jobs during all of my CoCo years.  It's also true that if you fit
UPSes criteria for skills and intelligence (mind you) that they could
very well "buy" your life during the peak shipping season by paying
you insanely rates for a month or two thus making you laugh on the
way to the bank and "forgetting" about your other life.  However, I'm
a tad smarter than that, and I maintain my online duties
daily/semi-daily no matter what, except for the few times work has
sent me to the Dallas hub for school.

I can't been bought but in my plans to retire from the company in the
far future, I have to take promotions and go with the flow.  If they
send me to school for a week or two and I refuse, I'm sure they would
drop me back to square one and write me off, or never give me a
chance again since 5 other willing people would jump ahead of me in
seniority line.

My long-term idea is to help design more software for UPS to help in
the daily grind.  The stuff we use is very impressive and obviously
written by some of the smartest teams around and I would like to get
a piece of that action one day, but it will take years of research
and field knowledge to learn how to solve certain problems.  In other
words, I have to experience those problems to know how to help fix
them using software for future systems.  Even if I end up offering
them a schema for a solution to certain problems I would be happy
with that, too.

I could talk all day about this, but I'd rather get busy getting my
forums restored and getting the issue #1 of the CoCo TV DVD released
by next week.  So with that being said, and my comments now and in
the past about never giving up on my programming, development, and
CoCo hobby, I'm not going anywhere, but rather I'll do what I've
always done and keep building in all of my interests the same.

More soon

--
Roger Taylor