[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] 3.5 inch disk drives and the CoCo

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Aug 31 02:21:21 EDT 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 00:08, James Diffendaffer wrote:
>Just a followup to some earlier discussion on the list.
>
>I checked and the Atari ST apparently uses a parallel disk drive
>interface.  If you can find the pinouts to that odd round connector or
>figure them out you should be able to use the Atari external drives.
>I'm guessing you'll also need a power supply for them.
>
>The Amiga externals should also work.  People have used them on
>Spectrums and some other 8 bits.  They use a possibly hard to find 23
>pin D connector.  They also need a power supply.  I don't know if the
>pass through will work properly or not.

I should point out that the sync signals from the amiga should not be
terminated, else the agnus chip sees too high a load and shuts itself
down.  There were ttl buffers molded into the db23's end of the cables
commie sold.  Your mods above do essentially the same thing for the gime I
think.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)