[Coco] [Color Computer] 3.5 inch disk drives and the CoCo

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 00:08:47 EDT 2006

Just a followup to some earlier discussion on the list.

I checked and the Atari ST apparently uses a parallel disk drive
interface.  If you can find the pinouts to that odd round connector or
figure them out you should be able to use the Atari external drives.
I'm guessing you'll also need a power supply for them.

The Amiga externals should also work.  People have used them on
Spectrums and some other 8 bits.  They use a possibly hard to find 23
pin D connector.  They also need a power supply.  I don't know if the
pass through will work properly or not.

The 720K TEAC drives I am useing have a drive select on the circuit
board in the form of a jumper block that looks like a surface mount
resistor.  With some patience and a decent soldering iron the jumper
can be changed so it acts as drive 0.  It's VERY small and I don't
know if other drives will have the same thing.

Yahoo! Groups Links