[Coco] Proto CoCo

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Aug 30 01:09:15 EDT 2006

My $.02 worth would be that if there is address decoding circuitry, etc.
it should be flexible, or optional.  E.g., PLD of some sort, or at least
DIP switchable addresses.  You might also sell a bare board without the
decoding portion stuffed as an option.  For cases, I would think it
would be reasonably easy to fabricate something similar to the Disto
Super Controller cases from two pieces of sheet metal.  My dad built a
hydraulic press around an automotive jack, and made a simple 90 degree
brake for it from angle iron.  Using a setup like this one could bend
the edges of a flat rectangle of sheet metal down to form the top- or
bottom-half of a Disto-like enclosure.  Or just clamp it in a large vise
and bend.  Drill matching holes in the cover and the bottom-half to
screw them together.
Also, the DS-69 box inspires me to try vacuum-forming project cases.
Building your own vacuum forming box isn't too difficult, though I
haven't yet tried it.

JCE

Ries, Rich [S&FS] wrote:
> Subject: Re:
>

>>> If I was to make a quick prototype board what would people like on
>>>
> it???
>
>>> Decode section, wire wrap section to bus signals????
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mark