[Coco] Proto CoCo

Ries, Rich [S&FS] Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Mon Aug 28 12:03:25 EDT 2006

Subject: Re:

>> If I was to make a quick prototype board what would people like on
it???
>> Decode section, wire wrap section to bus signals????
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>> Cloud-9

A decode section might be nice; definitely buffered Addr & Data lines,
and maybe (F)IRQ & the Bus Req & Bus Ack lines. I wouldn't need a box if
I'm doing 1-off protos, instead a couple of legs on the bottom to
prevent the protoboard from wobbling in the socket would be needed.
Enough room would be needed for an EEPROM, a couple of PIAs, and glue
logic.

Crazy idea #1: run the signals to a socket on the far edge of the board,
allowing piggy-backing of projects!

Crazy idea #2: have the wire-wrap legs come down in two rows, with 3/10"
spacing between the rows. This would allow someone to plug the
protoboard into one of those nylon prototyping boards. (Fooey! Don't
remember the name! Must be getting old! They look like this:

.o.o.o.o.o.-.... Power bus

.o.o.o.o.o.o.... Each vertical group of five sockets is connected
together,
.o.o.o.o.o.o....  and isolated from all other sockets
.o.o.o.o.o.o....
.o.o.o.o.o.o....
.o.o.o.o.o.o....

.o.o.o.o.o.o....