[Coco] Newest Nitros9 and B&B

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Aug 1 14:30:15 EDT 2006

Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:>leonard wrote:
>> ... where do I find the
>> drivers for the Burke & Burke hard drive?  I found something called
>> boot.burke that was located in the modules directory under
  >> 6309/level2.  I
>> guess what I'm saying is that I do not understand what all the stuff is
  >> on the disk.  ...

>There may not yet be any good installation docs for NitrOS-9 but you
>should check the site. ...the docs need to be improved and they are
  >being worked on.
>
>Boot.burke is the boot module for  use with a B&B controller. There >ought also to be a module in  the RBF directory for the B&B controller
  >but there isn't...
>
>Some of the drivers are available if you get the source code for the
>NitrOS-9 project and compile it. Some hard disk drivers are being sold
>by Cloud-9.
>
>However,  any hardware that you own should come with the needed >drivers and  descriptors which can be used when os9gen-ing a NitrOS-9
  >disk. You should not need the NitrOS-9 distribution to provide you with
  >drivers for Coco hardware that you previously bought.
This  is true, assuming that 10-20 year old drivers assembled for the 6809  version of OS-9 still work on current versions of NitrOS-9.  I'm  not saying they won't, because I haven't done enough experimenting with  it yet.  But it may be a consideration.

  Is there any clearly defined way one could contribute to the documentation effort?

  JCE