[Coco] Starting up memory problems and solution.

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sat Apr 15 02:40:10 EDT 2006

After setting up my CoCo-3 and briefly testing it last
weekend, I decided to move the tabe to a better location.

After the move, I briefly powered it up and then decided
to try a different monitor.  It was a used monitor that I
hadn't tried before, and it didn't come up right away and
when it did the entire screen was green without any text.

I determined it was the RAM problem.  I reseated my Disto
board multiple times, but only had marginal success and
even then the screen would go blank after a minute or so.
 I swapped out the board for a new C-9 512 board and after
a few adjustments, I got it seated correctly and it worked
fine.  I

I am running the memory tests now and it's working fine
now.

I am going to reseat all the RAM on the Disto board and
clean it's contacts and try it on another CoCo 3.
 Hopefully it's just needs a little attention.

I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has seen
this issue with the screen being blank due to a memory
issue.

-Jim