[Coco] FM-77AV video sync problems

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Tue Apr 11 22:23:41 EDT 2006

Gene Heskett,

  Since you are(as far as I'm concerned) the guru on raster scan television,
I have a question..

  I am confused about the power line frequency and how it relates to
television. All the TVs I've worked on convert the incoming AC power to DC,
switch it to AC(almost), goes through a transformer at a high
frequency(efficiency), and then converts it back to DC.
 All our cocos convert the incoming AC power to DC, albeit a lower voltage.
If  a matching computer and monitor are used on a power frequency(50 or
60HZ), how can they have problems with sync, when there is no reference to
the AC power frequency coming in?
  I can understand power supply problems when operated at incorrect
frequencies, such as a transformer that is supposed to work at 60HZ vs.
50HZ.

George