[Coco] FM-77AV video sync problems

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Tue Apr 11 21:27:15 EDT 2006

Searching the web shows that Japan in fact uses both 50 and 60 Hz @ 100VAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_mains_power_plugs,_voltages_and_frequencies

This being the case, it could well be that the FM-77AV is set for 50HZ
operation. This would definitely cause serious rolling of the picture if
used with a 60HZ monitor.

This is the problem we Aussies faced when OS9 Level 2 came out. The GIME was
programmed for 60HZ operation in the boot, and when used on a TV that did
not have any H & V adjustments, it was very difficult indeed to get it to
work right. Even when using the CM-8 monitor, the Horizontal and Vertical
adjustments were all over to one end of the potentiometer range.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.