[Coco]The Best Monitor for a CoCo 3 is a TV. (Really!)

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Tue Sep 6 03:38:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

If you wish to spend most money but very little work, the Eval board I use
is quite pricey. AD723. The current price from the AD web site is in my
original posting.

It just does not compare with the ~ $7 price of just the AD72x. Add a few
resisters and caps for a few dollars plus connectors and you have a very low
cost compared to the ~$70 or more for the ready built board with cables.
After the surf board its very easy to build.

As I said in the message any of the AD72x series chips will work in my
option. All in the series require for the CoCo 3 the same parts.

I would be willing to loan or perhaps sell the eval board if a replacement
with a AD724 or AD725 was built by me or for me with me doing the final
test.

I have a color banding problem that might be solved with a later in the
series chip. That appears in the "MyHD" card in my HTPC only. The CoCo 3 is
NOT affected. May soon be not required depending on if or when I get a HDTV
display. It may be several years to tomorrow. I want one for possible CoCo 3
use after it is no longer needed for my Home Theater PC.

ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/CC3/Monitors/Svideo/

The files and my original message (Somewhat) is in the file Writers Cut.txt.

Stephen H. Fischer