[Coco] Router Outage

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Sep 5 18:28:14 EDT 2005

At 10:52 AM 9/3/05 -0400, Ward Griffiths wrote:
>Well, your message came with a timestamp of 8:53, so that's an incredibly
good
>estimate for a downtime situation.  Shake their hands for me.  I've never
>guessed that close in my life.

They're good. That's why I signed up with Pair Networks eight years ago.
They're medium sized (they host about 150,000 sites), but one of the most
reliable out there. I can count the downtimes over those years on one hand.

It took them about 15 minutes to move my domains from a shared to a
dedicated server, 1/2 hour for a hard drive and memory upgrade, 1/2 hour
for this router outage, and the longest was about 3 hours when they moved
the entire company to another building, carting over the servers in groups
by truck. The whole new infrastructure was set up and ready for the servers
to be cabled in, with both buildings running until the whole job was done.

And the good news is that the CEO is also the head techie, and is a regular
on all the newsgroups. If there's a question or complaint, he attends right
to it and reports the results.

I recommend them as a really fine hosting company. http://pair.com/

Dennis