[Coco] Router Outage

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Sep 5 20:09:29 EDT 2005

On 09/05/2005 06:28 pm, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> At 10:52 AM 9/3/05 -0400, Ward Griffiths wrote:
> >Well, your message came with a timestamp of 8:53, so that's an incredibly
>
> good
>
> >estimate for a downtime situation.  Shake their hands for me.  I've never
> >guessed that close in my life.
>
> They're good. That's why I signed up with Pair Networks eight years ago.
> They're medium sized (they host about 150,000 sites), but one of the most
> reliable out there. I can count the downtimes over those years on one hand.
>
> It took them about 15 minutes to move my domains from a shared to a
> dedicated server, 1/2 hour for a hard drive and memory upgrade, 1/2 hour
> for this router outage, and the longest was about 3 hours when they moved
> the entire company to another building, carting over the servers in groups
> by truck. The whole new infrastructure was set up and ready for the servers
> to be cabled in, with both buildings running until the whole job was done.
>
> And the good news is that the CEO is also the head techie, and is a regular
> on all the newsgroups. If there's a question or complaint, he attends right
> to it and reports the results.
>
> I recommend them as a really fine hosting company. http://pair.com/
>
> Dennis

I'll definitely keep them in mind when I move up to New Hampster to open my
restaurant in a year or so.  (And to put things on topic, there _will_ be a
couples of Coco systems on functional display there, at least a 1 and a 3 --
along with the T6kHD for the bookkeeping system).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs