[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Why USB would be nice.

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Fri Sep 2 17:59:36 EDT 2005

hi,

	Ok children ... Enough is enough. Now where did I put that ruler?

James Diffendaffer wrote:

> Boisy, this all started when I said that I thought $100 was a bit
> expensive for an IDE interface considering the parts required to build
> one and you jumped all over me for it.  How dare I express and opinion
> that something you make was a bit pricey!
>
> I never said your hardware was bad, didn't work or anything like that.
>  I said I thought it was expensive.

James,

	Once again you are ignoring the intangible costs (circuit board
tooling, case, assembly). If Cloud9 sent out bags full of chips that we
were supposed to dump on our tre motherboards they would probably be
pretty cheap. I doubt they would work very well though. I also think you
are ignoring the economies of scale that the PC enjoys. I could have
sworn that from the early thread that you mentioned that you have
produced hardware for the Amiga. Don't know why you don't know this already.

Glen,

	I like the solid sound the Teacs make when stepping. Like the sound a
Mercedes door makes when closing. But if it quits working I'm not gonna
replace it with something that is equally long in the tooth.

Mark,

	Do I need to be worried about you getting sick from inhaling noxious
fumes of one kind or another?

					kevin