[Coco] Re: Why USB would be nice.

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Thu Sep 1 22:19:29 EDT 2005

I am iggernunt about USB and how it works..

I have several questions about USB for the coco...

The only OS I use on my cocos is OS-9(Level deux on the coco threes).

 If I were to purchase the hypothetical USB card and the driver for OS-9,
would this do as I want or expect, such as.....

If  I plug my digital camera into the port,

Would I be able to see it as another drive and see and manipulate the files
in that camera? All I have in my OS is the driver that came with the USB
card.

 I take out the camera, plug in a USB mouse, will I be able to read it's
ouput from Basic09? All I have in my OS is the driver that came with the USB
card.

 If I connect a USB hub, connect both the camera and the USB mouse, how
would I write a Basic09 program to see the output of the mouse and at the
same time in another process, manipulate data in that camera? All I have is
the driver that came with the USB card.

 If I then add (to that HUB) a USB box to plug flash cards or CF cards into,
would I be able to see that as a drive also? All I have is the driver that
came with the USB card.

 How would I do a DIR command on the camera attached to the coco?

 I have no clue how USB works or how this XP box can assign a drive to my
camera and show my printer as a printer or how it knows I've plugged in my
scanner.

 How would I manage these things, with the driver that came with the USB
card for the coco?

Just curious,

George