[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Why USB would be nice.

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 21:30:19 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 18:15 -0700, Basil Fitze wrote:

> I had my Coco for years until I moved and lost all in a move, but
> nothing compared to my Coco when it came to fun, sure we have blotted
> computers now but really why do we still love the Coco its because it
> has USB or the latest video card, no its because it doesn't.

For me it's because the coco was my first computer.

I always wanted a hard drive, multi pak; for the longest time I didn't
even have a floppy, just cassette. Never had a hard drive, never had a
multi-pak (till now, and I don't really have room for it).

My point is, when I got floppy, did I wish I was still using cassette?
Did you?

We can have our cake and eat it too. Hence the superboard, superide,
etc. and maybe cocousb.

-- John.