[Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Sep 1 09:22:03 EDT 2005

Glen

As you have mentioned that at least 5 1/4 floppy drives are becoming rare, so are
the controller chips. With the advent of hot swappable flash card under multiple
names, storage of data and transfer of data between two computers is easier and
more compact.

Floppies will eventually give way to flash cards. Data rentention period  is about the
same.

As for the tape drives most of the older units are floppy based and are slow. The
data has to be compressed to realize the starage capabilities of what is printed on
them. These too are b ecoming dinosaurs.

james