[Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Sep 1 08:47:35 EDT 2005

Stephen

I concurr that DECB or RSBASIC what ever you wish to call it has a
need for modernization. From my limited inspection of the
dissaembled ROM in the tre, it is becoming quite evident that SECB
is nothing more than a layer on top of ECB and CB from the CoCO1
and 2. There are slight modifications to those roms that make them
work better with the tre. I can unerstand why it was done the way it
was considering Microware seems to hve assigned only three
engineers to write SECB along with the time constraints, they did
the best they could.

I personally think the 8K of SECB bloats the whole 32K potential
ROM space. I agree with you in that RSBASIC needs a make over
and at least a look at what can be done to consoldate routines and
compact code to add more features.

IF some hardware is  needed to be developed to off load software
tasks then we have plenty here that can design that and make it
work.

just my thoughts.

james