[Coco] CUBIX on the CoCo?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sat Oct 29 08:50:08 EDT 2005

Dave,

I'm not familiar with CUBIX, but i like the idea (and the challenge)
of porting a new OS to the CoCo!  If I had the time, I would consider
it, but I am overcommitted as it is with NitrOS-9 and things outside
of the CoCo, like school.  I think it would make a very interesting
semester project for a student, though.

One thing I am curious about: what tools would be used to assemble
the OS source and the needed block and term I/O routines?  Don't you
have a set of Windows based tools for assembling 6809 code?  Check
out ToolShed (www.nitros9.org/toolshed).  We have a 6809/6309
assembler as part of the package.  It may be of interest to you or
whomever may be considering taking up the CUBIX port.

Boisy

On Oct 29, 2005, at 6:59 AM, Dave Dunfield wrote:

>>> BTW, the last release of CUBIX (with source code), as well as a
>>> complete
>>> simulation of my original 6809 homebuilt portable for which it was
>>> designed (which will let you run it) an be downloaded from my site:
>>> http://www.parse.com/~ddunfield/museum/index.html (Look for
>>> "Dunfield