[Coco] Re: cool...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Oct 4 16:59:19 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Kevin Diggs may have mentioned these words:

>         Because I wasn't attacking your statement. I was just using it as
> a lead in to let other solar nuts know of its existence. I think you be
> the one with the itchy typin' finger.

Mine wasn't itchy due to the sarcasm factor. Anyway, we'll just have to
remember not to butt heads when we've both had bad weeks by Monday
afternoon... ;-)

>         Nope. Sealed unit. Vanadium power cells!

C'mon... just because it's sealed doesn't mean it can't be opened! Why fer
gawd's sake do you think I have a really nice dremel tool???

:-) :-)

And if that doesn't work, there's always the sledge hammer route...

>         Banter warning - I think electrons are just the energy transport
> mechanism. The energy comes from light. By the way, you aren't the
> Chemistry PHD are you? I ain't gonna spar with him. (Don't do no readin'
> between the lines here.)

Lordy, no - just an overworked geek here... ;-)

>  Do we got any quantum physicists on the list?

There's one over on the classic computers list (covers anything interesting
10+ years old - CoCos, Commies, VAXen, etc.).

>  Any idea where we stand with those fusion power plants?

Floor... catwalk... elevators... ;-)

>  I'll bet they do have solar recharged flashlights. Probably even the 5W
> luxeon star varieties. Probably have lots of cool solar crap.

Honestly: doubtful. We ran everything from 10-20KW generators... Army stuff
is never based on low power, efficiency or self-sufficiency from what I've
seen. "It doesn't rain in the Army, it rains *on* the Army." :-)

>  Wonder if any previous gen solar crap is available surplus. They love to
> buy high and sell low.

Gotta love surplus!

>P.S.:  Aw cmon Mark? Can't you regal (sp?) us with some horror stories
>about govt. req docs?

Regale is the word you're looking for, and one thing I can assure you: The
docs are *many*, *long*, and in *at least triplicate*. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.