[Coco] Re: cool...

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Tue Oct 4 16:14:11 EDT 2005

Roger Merchberger wrote:
> Rumor has it that Kevin Diggs may have mentioned these words:
>
>> Roger,
>

> Kevin,
>
> First off, thanks for deleting:
>
>   1) my fake HTML that showed I was being deliberately sarcastic. It
> seems sarcasm is lost on you, even when explicitly stated. Maybe I
> should put it in RTF or PostScript next time?

Sorry. I missed the meaning. Plus I tend to be rather aggressive when
editing content out of replies.

>   2) my winkies & smilies - to let people know I was not really serious,
> but partaking in jovial banter. Damn, I thought *I* was having a rough
> week...
>

> Then why did you specifically mention that it was recharged? If my
> specification was so bad, why did you feel the need to clarify that point?

	Because I wasn't attacking your statement. I was just using it as a
lead in to let other solar nuts know of its existence. I think you be
the one with the itchy typin' finger.

	Its about 2" x 1" x .25". Can't find the web site now. But I think I'm
gonna need a solar bottle boat.

> BTW, you could /change/ the battery and have it still work without solar
> power, right?

	Nope. Sealed unit. Vanadium power cells!

> If you *really* wanted to be technical, it's not battery or solar
> powered - it's *electron* powered. [[ And I'm sure that some quantum
> physicist is going to prove me wrong there, too... ]]

	Banter warning - I think electrons are just the energy transport
mechanism. The energy comes from light. By the way, you aren't the
Chemistry PHD are you? I ain't gonna spar with him. (Don't do no readin'
between the lines here.) Do we got any quantum physicists on the list?
Any idea where we stand with those fusion power plants?

>>  But perhaps as an employee of a defense contractor he ... could
>> comment on your specification.
>

> If I knew I could sell solar-powered flashlights to the DOD, I'd have
> submitted the proper paperwork, and not give others the idea to do the
> same on a public mailing list.

	Not quite sure where this came from. I'll bet they do have solar
recharged flashlights. Probably even the 5W luxeon star varieties.
Probably have lots of cool solar crap. Wonder if any previous gen solar
crap is available surplus. They love to buy high and sell low.

> Sheesh.
>
> Regards,
> Roger Merchberger

	Anybody ever wonder how many mirrors it would take to collect enough
light from a full moon to light up a white LED at night?

					kevin

P.S.:  Aw cmon Mark? Can't you regal (sp?) us with some horror stories
about govt. req docs?