[Coco] Re: cool...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Oct 4 11:43:11 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Kevin Diggs may have mentioned these words:
>Roger,

Kevin,

First off, thanks for deleting:

   1) my fake HTML that showed I was being deliberately sarcastic. It seems
sarcasm is lost on you, even when explicitly stated. Maybe I should put it
in RTF or PostScript next time?

   2) my winkies & smilies - to let people know I was not really serious,
but partaking in jovial banter. Damn, I thought *I* was having a rough week...

>Roger Merchberger wrote:
>>Rumor has it that Kevin Diggs may have mentioned these words:

>>>         I have one of these. It is a solar powered (i.e. recharged)
>>Ah, then it's not solar powered, is it. It's battery powered, with the
>>replacement energy coming from the sun whilst you're not using it.
>>Totally different from what I suggested...
>>Laterz,
>>"Merch"
>
>         This thing has no other way to charge the battery so I believe it
> IS solar powered.  Your specification is somewhat loose.

Then why did you specifically mention that it was recharged? If my
specification was so bad, why did you feel the need to clarify that point?

BTW, you could /change/ the battery and have it still work without solar
power, right?

If you *really* wanted to be technical, it's not battery or solar powered -
it's *electron* powered. [[ And I'm sure that some quantum physicist is
going to prove me wrong there, too... ]]

>It does not explicitly state that it must be solar powered while
>operating. Mark does not usually lower himself into the mud of these OT
>wars-of-words.

I wasn't at war, as mentioned above...

>  But perhaps as an employee of a defense contractor he ... could comment
> on your specification.

If I knew I could sell solar-powered flashlights to the DOD, I'd have
submitted the proper paperwork, and not give others the idea to do the same
on a public mailing list.

Sheesh.

Regards,
Roger Merchberger