[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 10:50:49 EST 2005

On 11/12/2005 10:39 am, Dave Dunfield wrote:

> Obviously anyone who is comfortable piggybacking chips wouldn't be
> purchasing an upgrade, however Radio Shack did sell a 64k upgrade and lists
> it as upgrading a 4k/16/32k machine to 64k. I would immagine that there
> were some users who not being comfortable with lifting the lid themselves
> would have taken the machine to RS to have it upgraded... Perhaps all RS
> guys would have told them to try it, but I'm wondering if any people
> actually paid $199 for a button replacement.

Certainly nobody in my store, which by that time was in Downtown Los Angeles.
$2 for a $.25 button was sufficient markup with a fair amount of goodwill
attached.  That'd leave them bucks to buy software from an inventory we
didn't have to split the profits on with the repair center.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Now she saw what that authority was capable of.  Worse, she saw peace
taken to its extreme.  And it was the most awful thing she'd ever seen.
                -- Inara at Miranda, from the "Serenity" novelization