[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 15:32:01 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/12/2005 3:15:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
flexser at fiu.edu writes:

[I made  that statement about a machine TANDY SOLD as 32K, which excludes the
32K  obtained by piggybacking 2 sets of 16K chips, which naturally would not
be
capable of 64K.  I never heard of anyone piggybacking 32K chips to  obtain
64K,
if that's what you meant, but that certainly wouldn't apply to  a machine
sold as
32K by Tandy.

Art   ]

Yep, that is what I meant, and KEY-264K docs specifically said that
piggybacked 32Ks
would *not* work.  I don't recall what it was that the piggybacked  32Ks did
work with,
perhaps OS9-L1, or small ram drive.  IIRC it was production defective  64Ks
which were
sold as working 32Ks, so they could be piggybacked for a few  applications.
  -ph