[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 07:35:36 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/11/2005 9:32:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
glenvdb at hotmail.com writes:

>the  date code is "6A3" which I belive
>is June 1983, but I don't have a  Date code decoder for RS.

Could it be that the use of letters in a date code is nothing more than
using letters to
express numbers as in the hexadecimal representation?  If so, then  A=10,
B=11, C=12,
etc.     So 6A3  might be June 10, 1983

I used a similar system to update various programs I was developing to
differentiate from
older versions.  I placed the date code using the 8/3 file name  extension.
FILER1.693     =    June 9, 1983
FILER2.BD4    =    November 13,  1984
FILER3.CV5    =    December 31, 1985
   as examples.